Scroll down for more photos
Congratulations to Diman's Business Professionals of America (BPA) team for a successful showing at their first BPA State Leadership Conference last weekend. An amazing 18 of 20 competing students won medals, with 12 receiving an invite to the National Conference in Anaheim, California in April.
Several times throughout the weekend, Diman teachers were complimented by staff and other advisors on how kind and polite our students were. They behaved in typical Diman fashion and represented the school well.
Diman earned 27 medals in total. Read on below to see the results, or scroll to the bottom to see photos of the event.
- First place - Six
- Second place - Six
- Third place - Three
- Fourth place - Five
- Fifth place - six
- Seventh place - one
Competition event titles are bolded with the medal winner(s) underneath:
- C# Programming: Otis Chaka-Weidenfeller - 5th place
- Computer Modeling: Olivia Medeiros - 2nd place
- Computer Programming Concepts: Joey Pereira - 3rd place
- Digital Communications & Design Concepts: Joey Pereira - 3rd place
- Extemporaneous Speech: Dominic Cabral - 5th place, Jacob Chaunt - 7th place
- Fundamentals of Web Design: Lylah Thibeault - 4th place
- Information Technology Concepts: Joey Pereira - 3rd place
- Java Programming: Joey Pereira - 4th place
- Linux Operating Systems Fundamentals: Joey Pereira - 2nd place
- Podcast Production Team: Otis Chaka-Weidenfeller, Raul depina Dos Santos, Nolan Daponte, Lucas Ward - 5th place team
- Prepared Speech: Lylah Thibeault - 2nd place
- Presentation Team: Dominic Cabral, Jacob Chaunt - 1st place team
- Visual Design Team: Lilly Carneiro, Luke Lawton, Aidan Santos - 4th place team
- Website Design Team: Sarah LaVigne, Lylah Thibeault, Jeffrey Portela, Ryan Brillon - 1st place; Melody Morin, Marissa Bettencourt, Christian Esteves - 2nd place
Business Professionals of America is the premier CTSO (Career and Technical Student Organization) for students pursuing careers in business management, information technology, finance, office administration, health administration and other related career fields.