PUBLIC SOLICITATIONS IN THE SCHOOLS
The Greater Fall River Vocational School District Committee will place limits on commercial activities and fund-raising activities in the schools for the following reasons:
- The regional school system should provide students, parents, and employees some measure of protection from exploitation by commercial and charitable fund-raising organizations.
- The regional school system should not give the public the impression of generally endorsing or sanctioning commercial and fund-raising activities.
- Commercial and fund-raising activities may disrupt school routine and cause loss of instructional time.
Following these statements, the Superintendent-Director and Asst. Supt.-Director/Principal may permit occasional commercial or fund-raising activities related to the objectives of the schools with the following exceptions:
- No direct solicitation of students or employees may take place without Regional School Committee permission.
- No general or class distribution of commercial or fund-raising literature may take place without Regional School Committee permission.
For the purposes of this policy, local PAC groups and groups representing regional school system employees will be considered "school groups" and will be governed by the Committee's policy on staff solicitations.
LEGAL REF.: M.G.L. 44:53A
CROSS REFS.: GBEBC, Staff Gifts and Solicitations
JJE, Student Fund-Raising Activities
JP, Student Gifts and Solicitations
KHB, Advertising in the Schools