RELATIONS WITH PARENT ORGANIZATIONS
To foster relationships with parents that encourage the home and school to work together to establish and achieve common educational goals for students, the superintendent-director and the professional staff will:
- Consult with and encourage parents to share in school planning and in setting objectives and evaluating programs.
- Help parents understand the educative process and their role in promoting it.
- Provide for parent understanding of school operations.
- Provide opportunities for parents to be informed of their child's development and the criteria for its measurement.
To accomplish the above and to enhance communications between parents and school officials, the Committee encourages the maintenance of formal parent organizations, including booster organizations, at each school building. For this purpose the Committee will officially recognize parent organizations. These procedures will be observed:
- Organizations will be officially recognized upon request by the building Principal who will file a copy of the organizational papers with the Superintendent.
- A vote, open to all parents of children enrolled, will designate the organization to be recognized if more than one organization with the same purpose makes the request.
- All parent organizations shall obtain 501C3 status and file appropriate paperwork with state authorities and make proof of such status available to school district administration.
- All parent organizations need to recognize that spending on student activities must comply with federal law relating to equity among student genders.
LEGAL REFS: Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972
CROSS REFS: ACA - Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex
SOURCE: MASC October 2016