SCHOOL COMMITTEE NEGOTIATING AGENTS
The Greater Fall River Vocational School District Committee is responsible for negotiations with recognized employee bargaining units. However, because of the expertise and time required for negotiations, the Committee may hire a negotiator to bargain in good faith with recognized bargaining units to help assure that mutually satisfactory agreements on wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment will be developed.
The Greater Fall River Vocational School District Committee will appoint the negotiator and the fee or salary for his/her services will be established in accordance with the law at the time of appointment.
The duties of the negotiator will be as follows:
- To negotiate in good faith with recognized bargaining units to arrive at a mutually satisfactory agreement on wages, hours, and working conditions of employees represented by the units.
- The negotiator may recommend members of the administration to serve on the negotiation team. They will not be members of any unit that negotiates with the Committee, and their participation in negotiations must be recommended by the Superintendent-Director and approved by the Committee.
- He/she will direct accumulation of necessary data needed for negotiations, such as comparative information.
- He/she will follow guidelines set forth by the Committee as to acceptable agreements and will report on the progress of negotiations.
- He/she will make recommendations to the Committee as to acceptable agreements.
- The negotiator will interpret the signed negotiated contracts to administrators and may be called upon to offer advice on various aspects of contract administration during the terms of the contracts with employee organizations.