The Greater Fall River Vocational School District Committee may employ legal counsel for the general purposes of the Committee and may expend money there for from the funds appropriated by said city or town for school purposes. Said legal counsel shall not be subject to the provisions of section 9A of chapter 30 or the provisions of chapter 31 (General Laws, Chapter 71, Section 37F and Chapter 697 of the Acts of 1962.)
- To advise and furnish the Committee legal opinions verbally and in writing as directed on all matters and questions of law including interpretations of old and new statutes.
- To attend all meetings requested by the Committee.
- To prepare legal instruments, contracts including resolutions, advertising of bids and all other legal papers as directed by the Committee.
- When necessary, to prosecute all legal actions brought by the District School Committee.
- To present and defend the District School Committee members and school district employees in any legal action against them which has arisen from the carrying out of regular responsibilities and the performance of regular duties.
The school committee of a city or town may employ legal counsel in connection with collective bargaining with employee organizations for school employees and may expend money therefore from the funds appropriated by said city or town for school purposes provided, however, that no such money shall be expended in excess of $25,000.00 without further authorization of district communities. Said legal counsel shall not be subject to the provisions of section 9 A of chapter 30 or the provisions of chapter 31 (General Laws, Ch. 71, Section 37F.)
M.G.L. 71:37E; 71:37F