Virtual High School
Welcome to Diman's Virtual High School Program (VHS). Through VHS, students can explore a wide range of courses that we cannot offer at Diman. Courses are entirely online, enabling students to participate both during school and at home.
Students enrolled in a VHS NetCourse will learn effective online communication skills and time management while exploring course options not available at their home school. Experiencing the non-traditional learning format provided by VHS will also help college-bound students prepare for taking online courses in the future.
Students are allowed to take a VHS in addition to, or in place of, their elective options built in to the Diman curriculum. VHS courses are open to juniors and seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
The Basics of Virtual High School
- Available to Diman juniors and seniors with a 3.0 GPA or above
- Students should fit the following requirements:
- Be self-starters that are willing to work on their own
- Have internet access at home
- Two 15-week terms, or one 33-week full year term
- Catalog at http://www.thevhscollaborative.org/catalog
- Students need to be registered through Mr. Byrnes
- Half-year courses are worth 1.25 credits, while full-year courses are worth 2.5 credits
- Vastly expands our course offerings, including nearly two dozen AP classes
- Courses earn full honors and AP weight where appropriate
- Allows students to explore outside interests
- VHS courses take a break (or finish) in mid-December, with half-year courses starting again in late January and full-year courses starting in early January
- No make-up/Student Success Plan opportunities
- No real "vacations" in the spring, as students are expected to at least check in every week
- Students need to do their VHS work during shop or co-op time
Contact Nathan Byrnes at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.