Welcome Back 2021-2022
Good morning Diman Community,
I hope this email finds you in good health and good spirits! We are excited to welcome all students and staff to the 2021-2022 school year in just a few short weeks. As we approach the new school year, I wanted to ensure that our students and families are prepared! In the coming weeks, please look out for detailed opening plans that will cover all aspects of the new school year.
Masks + Opening
Our district policy is to follow the Department of Education and state guidelines regarding mask protocols. Current masking guidelines are attached, and highlights are below:
Masks, with ear loops, are mandatory for all staff and all students per state mandate. Gaiter masks or bandanas are not permitted.
Student masks will be provided by families, although masks will be available for students if they do not have them.
Face shields may be used for students who are unable to wear masks due to medical, behavioral, or sensory issues. Students and parents must provide documentation and/or receive approval to opt out of wearing a mask. Please contact administration with concerns.
Masks should be solid colored, without designs, graphics or images.
The Diman Code of Conduct will be strictly enforced for students who violate the Mask requirements. An amendment to our Student Handbook and Dress Code, containing specific Mask requirements and discipline, will be shared prior to the start of school.
School Year 2021 - 2022 Preparation
- While many educators will notify students of what they need for the course during the first days of school, attached, please find an academic student supply list. Freshmen students will receive more information during orientation.
- Pease click here to find the year-at-a-glance calendar and the school year calendar.
- First day for students: Wednesday, September 1
- We will be sharing a comprehensive reopening packet with families that will detail all aspects of the school year in the coming weeks.
- We are excited to share our 2021-2022 School Improvement Plan. This comprehensive approach to improvement, informed by community-wide data and the SIP Committee, will help guide our work this school year.
- Please find a letter of advocacy regarding an initiative for this upcoming school year. With the United Way of Fall River and the CAPP Coalition, Diman pledges to provide free menstrual products in gender-neutral bathrooms and restrooms designated for females for the 2021 - 2022 school year. We are adding our voice to the chorus of advocacy around the state and country, specifically the Fall River United Way, the recent legislation in Rhode Island, and approved bills passed in New Hampshire, Illinois, New York, and California to provide free feminine hygiene products in public schools.
- Look for more updates through a new Diman Newsletter in the coming weeks!
We will ensure that no stone is left unturned in regards to preparing students and families for the new school year. I hope you are able to enjoy the remaining weeks of August and I look forward to seeing everyone soon. As always, do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Andrew D. Rebello