Diman Poetry Contest 2023
Calling all poets! Diman is holding a poetry celebration & contest for National Poetry Month - April.
Students are encouraged to visit the library or their English teacher to talk about the contest.
SOME types of poetry you might consider…
- Free-form - However long you want, in whatever form you want.
- Blackout - See Mr. Byrnes for black markers and books to tear pages out of (or print a page yourself and blackout that).
- Book Spine Poetry - Make a poem out of the titles of books. See Mr. Byrnes for a camera to take a photo with.
- Six-word - Just make a poem out of six words. Simple, but challenging … most of the poem exists off the page, in the mind of the reader.
- Haiku - three lines of poetry, with the first line having 5 syllables, the second having 7 syllables, the third having 5 syllables.
We're still considering a celebration at the end of the month, so feedback is welcome.
Submitting your poem