Fall River Police Department Autism & Special Needs Child I.D. Program
The FRPD is offering parents and guardians the option of providing law enforcement information about your child/dependent for the purposes of safety, identification, and medical treatment.
This information is completely voluntary and would allow first responders access to specific information about your child/dependent as follows:
- Method of communication (verbal or non-verbal)
- Any identification worn
- Sensory / Medical / Dietary issues
- Inclination for wandering and attractions
- Likes, dislikes, and methods of approach when encountering
- Medical care providers info.
- Physical description
- Recent photograph of child/dependent
- Emergency contact information
This program will allow responding officers to have access to specific information about your child/dependent, which will allow for an overall improved and tailored response by law enforcement for your child/dependent if the need arises.
- Please fill out the Fall River Police Department Autism & Special Needs Emergency Information Form.
- As parent or guardian, please sign the form.
- Bring the form and a high-resolution photo of your child/dependent to the Fall River Police Dept., located at 685 Pleasant Street.
- Provide all documents to the front window officer.
All information will be entered into the FRPD database. This information will be available to all FRPD Officers. Consider updating your child/dependent’s photograph every 6 months.