Virtual Homework and Subject Help FAQ
How do I sign up?
- Use this Google Sign- Up Form: https://forms.gle/cXnyDjN2Md8jNNsQ9
- The form has all the days and times for the upcoming week, so you can plan ahead. However, you must sign up by 8:00 p.m. the day BEFORE you want to attend.
- Students attending the Virtual Homework and Subject Help Program must utilize their Diman issued Chromebook.
How do you know what I want help with?
- The form will ask you for the content area or course you want help with.
- You will be with small groups of students who have requested help in the same subject.
- The teacher assigned will be proficient in supporting you in that subject.
- The teacher can help you with homework assignments, studying for upcoming tests, or long-term projects.
What if I want help with more than one content area?
- Please complete the form for each separate course you want help with.
What if I need more than one day or one hour?
- Please complete separate forms for each date and time you wish to attend. You will need to complete two forms even if you would like to attend the same subject 6-7pm and 7-8pm.
What if I want to attend the same day each week?
- You will need to sign up each week using the form. New dates are added to the form each week.
What happens after I sign up?
- You will receive an email with a link to a Google Classroom created by the Homework Help teacher you have been assigned to. Within that Google Classroom is the Google Meet link.
What do I need to do in my Homework Help session?
- You must sign in using your Diman email address.
- You must arrive within the first 15 minutes of your session.
- We ask that all students leave their cameras on.
- Have all the materials you need with you (assignment, book, paper, pencil, etc.)
- You must use your school issued Chromebook.
- Find a quiet place to join the Meet.
What if I cannot attend after I sign up?
- Please email the Homework Help teacher you have been assigned to as soon as you know you can’t attend.
Things to remember:
- We are keeping attendance so that you, your teachers, and your parents can track how often you attend.
- The same behavior expectations you follow during the school day apply in the Homework Help program, including consequences per the Student Handbook