Building and Property Maintenance Shop Rules and Responsibilities
Download this document (with a signature line) here.
- Students are required to be in the shop ready for work, dressed in shop uniform, and on their box by 7:45 am. Students must be done collecting break money by 8:00 AM. Notes are required for scheduled early dismissals.
- Students must have a pencil, safety glasses, steel-toed work shoes and proper clothing. A tool belt containing; tape measure, hammer, multi-screwdrivers & utility knife is required for all juniors and seniors when in shop.
- No jewelry will be allowed in shop except for one stud earring in each ear. No hoop earrings, bracelets, or chains, gages, rings, lip or face piercings, etc.
- Long hair must be tied up and off the collar, finger nails must be trimmed close.
- No tight fitting or stretchy pants allowed. Only appropriate work pants that fit over boots
- No throwing of anything in shop.
- No slapping, pushing, shoving or any other body contact between students.
- Notebooks shall be kept for shop assignments and projects.
- No loud yelling or screaming or whistling in shop.
- No one is to leave the shop without:
- The permission of their instructor, acquiring a corridor pass and filling out sign out sheet.
- Before using a tool you must have all of the following:
- Safety instructions on the tool.
- Operating instructions on the tool.
- Supervised operation of the tool.
- Permission of the instructor.
- Shirts must be fully tucked in at all times and students must wear a belt.
- No swearing, profanity or derogatory comments in shop.
- Students are to remain in their work areas at all times, do not wander around or socialize with other students.
- Students will be dismissed by the instructor not by the bells.
- Discipline policy is according to the student handbook.
- Break time will be chosen by instructor and must be eaten in designated areas.
- Extra help is available on Fridays or BY APPOINTMENT.
- Make up assignments are required from any student who is absent. It is the responsibility of the student to see the instructor within 2 days of absence to receive the make up assignment. Any work not turned in will count as a “0”.
- Grading policy;
Employability Skills (Time on task, Effort, Conduct, Following Directions, Safety) = 50%
Quality of Work = 50%
- A Written project outline will be completed after each project and placed in student folder.
** NO cell phones are allowed on your person, in Shop or Class**
They will be confiscated and dealt with according to School Policy