Shop Policies – Programming and Web Development
All school rules apply in the Programming and Web Development Shop (see student handbook). The following rules and policies also apply:
- Be safe
- Be prepared
- Be respectful
- No food or drink is allowed at your workstations. Chewing gum is also prohibited. Medical exceptions will be made with an authorized doctor's note. You MAY eat and drink at a table that is clear of electronic devices.
- Any type of unauthorized electronic device found in shop will be confiscated. Confiscated items will be returned to a parent/legal guardian in accordance with the student handbook.
- Inappropriate use of technology in this shop will not be tolerated. This includes activities such as game playing and web browsing. There is always something to do in shop. If you finish your work early, tell your instructor! They will find something else for you to do!
- Attendance is important. Excessive absences or tardiness will result in disciplinary action against the student and/or failure in accordance with the attendance policy described in the student handbook. You can't learn if you are not here!
Extra Help / Make-up Work
- Extra help day is Tuesdays in the Programming and Web Development Shop located in Room A102/A103. Other days may be available by appointment.
- Students who are absent are responsible for making up missed work when they return to shop. Failure to do so will result in a grade of zero for the missed assignment.
- Shop Grades will be calculated as follows:
Competencies (50%) consist of the following:
Standards Student demonstrates ability to meet/exceed Programming and Web Development standards independently.
Employability (50%) consists of the following:
Ability to positively interact with instructors/peers, perform as a team player, and accept constructive criticism.
Participation Ability to stay on task, demonstrate interest, problem-solve independently, and take initiative Interaction and Attitude Ability to positively interact with instructors/peers, perform as a team player, and accept constructive criticism. Conduct and Effort Ability to follow shop rules, demonstrate effort, and employ time management. Safety Follow shop specific safety guidelines.
Any student who refuses to follow these guidelines may be issued a warning. If the warning is ignored, the student will encounter disciplinary action, in accordance with the student handbook.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Programming and Web Development
Diman Regional Vocational Technical H.S.
251 Stonehaven Road
Fall River, MA 02723
(508) 678-2891 x 2102 OR x2103