The Regional School Committee may purchase and budget for appropriate and sufficient insurance to cover the following:
- Loss by the Regional School Committee from legal action which might be brought against them (General Laws, Chapter 41, Section 100E).
- Loss by employees from legal action which might be brought against them (General Laws, Chapter 41, Section 100C).
- Reasonable hospital, medical and surgical expenses incurred by or in behalf of any student by reason of injuries sustained by him/her while participating or practicing or training for participation in any game, meet or contest conducted or held as a part of or in connection with the physical education or athletic program.
- Types of insurance now in force: Automobile and Bus Liability: Federal Machine Liability; Personal Injury Liability; Malpractice Professional Liability; House Construction Liability; Legal Liability; Comprehensive General Liability; Boiler Insurance; Workmens’ Compensation; Medical Life Insurance; Commerical Pkg.(Building); Equipment Breakdown; General Liability; Commerical Automobile; Commercial Umbrella; Workers Compensation Voluntary policies.
- Regional School Committee to determine kind and amount of insurance to be carried by outside groups using school facilities under guidelines determined by the Committee in the event the Committee considers this necessary.
- All insurance except medical coverage and life insurance shall be distributed through an insurance broker appointed by the Greater Fall River Insurance Agents, Inc.