What is the Postsecondary Career Vocational Technical Education (CVTE) Linkage Initiative?
Bristol CVTE Linkage is an initiative that...
- Begins in the sophomore year of high school and continues through two or four years of college.
- Prepares students for a career pathway, which coordinates with a defined postsecondary course of study at participating postsecondary institutions.
- Can lead to an Associate Degree, a two-year certificate from a college, an apprenticeship, or further postsecondary study in a specific vocational/technical career field.
- Prepares students for high-skill technical occupations and encourages students to pursue higher education in their chosen field.
- Gives the student the option to experience the rigor of postsecondary course study while becoming familiar with campus life at Bristol Community College.
- Gives students a head start on earning credits required for college graduation while elimi- nating repetition of courses and training already completed in high school.
- Offers students an opportunity to take the college placement exam (Accuplacer©) at Di- man.
- Addresses any need for remediation in areas of English and math prior to high school graduation.
- Note: In September 2008, what was known as the Tech Prep Initiative was officially re- named the Bristol Secondary Postsecondary CVTE Linkage Initiative.
- Second Note: CVTE Programs do not discriminate or deny services on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender or handicap.