Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I have to do?
- Complete a verification form and return it to your guidance counselor. (Appendix B)
- Must have a 2.5 GPA (while enrolled at Diman) and maintain 3.0 or higher overall Grade Point Average (GPA) in the courses taken at B.C.C..
- Focus on your future through researching postsecondary education options for career success.
When do I sign up?
- Submit the Career Vocational Technical Education (CVTE) verification form as early as your sophomore year (ideally during your junior course selection assembly) with your guidance counselor. You and a parent/guardian must sign this form.
How do I take a free course?
- See your guidance counselor for advice and the CVTE and Bristol Community College (BCC) course registration forms.
- Bring the CVTE and BCC course registration forms (2) along with a copy of the CVTE verification form to the BCC Enrollment Center during the week before the class starts.
- Return “High School Copy” of CVTE registration form to your guidance counselor.
- When the class is over, bring a copy of your course grade to your guidance counselor.
What if I find the course is too hard?
- Speak to your parents/guardians and guidance counselor for advice. If the decision is to withdraw from the class, you should go to the enrollment office and follow the appropriate procedure to avoid having a failing grade appear on your BCC transcript. Do not stop taking the class without seeking advice!