OSHA 10-Hour Outreach Training for Construction
The OSHA 10-Hour Outreach Training for Construction Course is an OSHA outreach program that upon completion provides workers with a DOL/OSHA 10-Hour Card. This OSHA-10 training course teaches recognition, avoidance, abatement and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces. This course also provides information regarding workers' rights, employer responsibilities and how to file a complaint.
Training Topics Outline
- Introduction to OSHA - 2 hours.
- OSHA Focus Four Hazards - 4 hours 15 minutes
- Falls - 1 hour 15 minutes
- Electrocution - 1 hour
- Struck-By (e.g., falling objects, trucks, cranes) - 1 hour
- Caught-In or Between (e.g., trench hazards, equipment) - 1 hour
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment - 45 minutes
- Health Hazards in Construction - 30 minutes
- Materials Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal - 30 minutes
- Stairways and Ladders - 30 minutes
- Tools - Hand and Power - 30 minutes
- Excavations - 30 minutes
- Scaffolds - 30 minutes
For more information contact:
Joan Laflamme or call the Office of Continuing Education at (508) 678-2891 ext. 1230 Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.