SUBCOMMITTEES OF THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE
The Greater Fall River Vocational School Committee shall appoint members to subcommittees at their annual organizational meeting for a period of one year. These subcommittees may be created for a specific purpose and to make recommendations for Committee action.
- The subcommittee will be established through action of the Committee.
- The Committee chairperson, subject to approval by the Committee, will appoint the subcommittee chairperson and its members.
- The subcommittee will be provided with a list of its functions and duties.
- The subcommittee may make recommendations for Committee action, but it may not act for the School Committee.
- All subcommittees of the School Committee are subject to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law.
LEGAL REF.: M.G.L. 30A:18-25
CROSS REF.: BEC, Executive Sessions
NOTE: Include in this category statements on Committees made up of School Committee members (but not advisory committees to the School Committee).
The cross reference on the above policy is to a related policy in this manual. The open meeting law, and its exceptions, applies to both School Committee meetings and meetings of the subcommittees of the School Committee; thus this cross-reference is necessary.
If School Committee policy permits standing subcommittees, the current standing subcommittees should be included in the policy, and regulations may be needed on their duties and operations. Or, the duties of specific Committees sometimes are included as an informational document coded BDE-E.
Approved by SC: 10/11/18