SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The philosophy of Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School is supported by the following objectives.
- To develop in all students the highest degree of vocational and technical competency through an integrated shop and shop related program of instruction which emphasizes realistic work situations.
- To develop in all students respect and appreciation for academic knowledge and skills and an openness to cultural opportunities.
- To provide a course of instruction that allows for differences in student interest and aptitude.
- To maintain a flexible curriculum to stay abreast of technological and sociological changes.
- To develop a sense of responsibility, pride in one's work, and an appreciation of others through daily activities which emphasizes good work habits, such as punctuality, orderliness, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- To provide an atmosphere of mutual confidence, respect for authority, friendliness, and cooperation supported by discipline which is consistent, firm and fair.
- To foster good personal traits such as honesty, cooperation, industry, positive attitude, leadership, and personal appearance.
- To encourage in the student a desire for independent judgment, clear and critical thinking, and a need to be an articulate, participating member of our democratic society.
- To provide counseling and guidance to assist and advise students concerning personal problems, job and educational opportunities, and employment orientation.
- To encourage students to pursue, even after graduation, professional improvement leading to certification in all trade areas where applicable.
- To identify and assist those students with special educational needs.
- To ensure that every student is given full opportunity to develop his/her potential without regard to race, creed, color, sex, or sexual orientation.
- To cooperate with civic planners in attracting new industry into the community by assisting in the development of a quality work force.
- To continuously seek, with the guidance of an active advisory board, new areas of training required for community and industrial information.
- To explore the programs of community, social, and industrial agencies and to utilize their expertise to supplement existing courses or programs.
- To provide supervised cooperative training at the secondary level and externships on the post-secondary level where applicable.
- To help the post-secondary student develop technical and occupational skills as well as demonstrate competency in the exercise of these skills.
- To offer a program of physical education, which will provide for participation by all students and allow for competition on an intramural as well as an interscholastic basis.
- To develop an extra-curricular program that will offer students the opportunity to increase their social responsibilities and to enjoy and outlet for the particular interests.
- To provide continuing adult education for those men and woman who desire a program of occupational training or retraining necessary to develop or improve their skill and proficiency in preparation for or continuance in employment.
- To encourage constant observance of safety practices in all school activities (shop, academic, athletic, and social) by continuously stressing sound safety procedures.
- To provide personnel with an opportunity to continually upgrade their abilities through in-service training.
- To assist the student to develop self-esteem through positive experience and realistic success.
SOURCE: Greater Fall River