DIMAN Regional Vocational Technical High School graduates will be occupationally-skilled workers who are academic, vocational/technical and workplace competencies will make them responsive to socioeconomic, technological and environmental challenges in a complex and changing society.
The mission of Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School is to develop the unique potential of each learner by enabling students to acquire knowledge, skills and dispositions that are needed to achieve personal, academic, vocational/technical and civic goals.
- To ensure that every student is given opportunities to develop his/her potential without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, economic status or disability.
- To provide state-of-the-art, integrated academic and vocational/technical programs which optimize thepotential of each student and prepare them to meet the state’s performance standards.
- To provide opportunities for students to acquire contemporary workplace skills such as communicating, organizing and analyzing information, solving problems, using technology, initiating and completing assignments, acting ethically and professionally, interacting with others, understanding the structure and dynamics of organizations and taking responsibility for career and life choices.
- To provide all grade nine (9) students with inopportunity to explore their interests in a wide array of trade/career options.
- To provide counseling and assistance to students concerning social issues, employment and educational opportunities and vocational orientation.
- To provide programs and activities which contribute to health and well-being, a safe environment, a sense of belonging and respect for self and others.
- To use student assessment results to review and improve curricula, courses, programs and instructional practices.
- To encourage students to pursue professional improvement leading to certification/licensure in their trade areas and post-secondary education.
- To provide continuing adult education with a focus on developing technical skills.
- To continuously seek, with the guidance of active Advisory Boards, new areas of training required for community and industrial development.
- To provide personnel with resources and the support needed to grow and develop professionally toward a goal of raising student achievement.
- To promote cultural understanding within a diverse population.
- To develop partnership with business, industry.