Recommended Web Sites
Information for Current Students:
- BCC Dual Enrollment - Learn more about Tech Prep/CVTE, also known as dual enrollment
- Modern States - provides CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) Information, how to receive free tutoring from professors in preparation for the CLEP test, along with a free voucher to take the exam
- Free application for federal student aid (FAFSA) - Free online registration - required by all students applying to college.
- MEFA Counselor - A web resource designed specifically for high school students, their parents, and school counselors to access credible online information about college planning, applying for financial aid, and paying for college.
- AWS Financial Aid - For students in a welding-related program.
- AESmentor - A comprehensive financial aid site college students and their families can use to find the best loan based on where you live and go to school and much more.
- College Access Scholarship Database - Go on to Our Database at a Glance, to find out more about what is in our Local Scholarship Database, and to see listings by specific background and interest categories.
- Finaid - The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid, is the most comprehensive free resource for objective and unbiased information, advice and tools about financial aid, college scholarships and student loans.
- Sallie Mae- Free webinars on filing your FAFSA and more; Scholarship information; and College planning calculator
- Education Loan Finance and Scholarship search- Various online scholarship search websites and in depth information about types of financial aid
- FAFSA Step-by-Step Guide - walks students and families through each question of the FAFSA, including screenshots and explanations and a FAQ page for students with special circumstances
- Massachusetts Scholarship Directory - a list of 100+ vetted scholarships for students across the state, broken down by month
- After the College Acceptance - MEFA Family Webinar about next steps (for slides, CLICK HERE)
- U.S. Department of Labor - Job Corps
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics - The principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics.
- Cappex.com - College search made simple.
- Campus Tours - College Search, Virtual Campus Tours, College Videos, and Interactive University Maps. Campustours is the worldwide leader in virtual college.
- Career One Stop.org - Resource site links together state employment offices from all over the United States. Employers can also post jobs online and job seekers can post.
- Career Information Network - America's Career InfoNet is a resource to for making informed career decisions to support a demand-driven workforce investment system. Be sure to go to the What can Career InfoNet do for you? and click on "student" where you will find information regarding career options.
- College Answer - A comprehensive resource that take the guesswork out of planning and paying for college. Voted "Best of the Web" by Forbes magazine, it walks students through the entire "going-to-college" proces - from early planning and estimating cost to understanding student loans. Visitors can access our free scholarship search containing over 2.4 million awards.
- My College Options - My College Options is a professional, academic service provided by the National Research Center for College & University Admissions. All information is voluntarily submitted by students interested in matching their personal information with colleges, universities and educational and career service providers offering products and services such as college admissions services, financial aid, career information, extracurricular enrichment and recognition programs. It is a No Cost valuable tool providing feedback directly to students and parents.
- Princeton Review - Hosts a college search, admissions advice and educational planning tools, such as career assessment tests. Reports current school rankings as well.
- U.S. Department of Labor - Be sure to check out under "Occupations" click on "Occupational Outlook Handbook" The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives.
- Youth Connections - Bristol County's Workforce Investment Board's youth career services
- Accuplacer Prep Materials
- Debt/Salary Wizard - An interactive calculator that will help you determine how much you can afford to borrow in student loans based on future expected earnings.
- What Can I do with this major? - A website which describes careers for different college majors
- Campus Reel - Watch thousands of real tours, videos, and virtual experiences on college campuses made by students
- Common App Step-by-Step Guide - walks students step-by-step through each question of the Common Application, including why it’s asked and how to best answer
- SAT - The College Board - Register for the SAT, practice exercises, college search, financial and scholoarship info!! It has it all.
- ACT - Known for the ACT test, a college entrance exam, ACT is a nonprofit organization offering educational and workplace measurement and research services.
- SAT vs. ACT
- Khan Academy - Free practice on Khan Academy®, where you can get personalized practice recommendations to help you prepare for the PSAT/NMSQT, SAT college, and career!
- Boston.com Jobs - Help with finding a job with over 60,000 job postings on the site and much more!
- Fall River Snagajob - We offer full-time and part-time jobs with national employers and local companies so you have options. When you sign up for an account, you can apply online for jobs in Fall River, Massachusetts. With SnagAJob, your next job is just a click away.
- MonsterTrak - Find jobs, get resume assistance, get personalized salary reports, etc. Thousands of entry level jobs and internships are available NOW! Career advice and tools to help you succeed in your job search and All for FREE.
- Top Jobs Fall River - Where Fall River Job Seekers find the Top Jobs in Fall River, MA