Virtual High School
Welcome to Diman's Virtual High School Program (VHS) website!
Students enrolled in a VHS course will learn effective online learning/communication skills and time management while exploring course options not available at Diman. Experiencing the non-traditional learning format provided by VHS will also help college-bound students prepare for taking online courses in the future.
Students are allowed to take a VHS in addition to, or in place of, their elective options built in to the Diman curriculum. See your guidance counselor for details.
VHS courses are open to juniors and seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or greater. Interested students should first reach out to their guidance counselor to begin the registration process.
Fall 2023/Spring 2024 registration starts May 4th 2023!
Virtual High School Information (2023 - 2024)
Check out Virtual High School's website here
Download a copy of the student informational packet 2023-2024 here
Download a list of courses for 2023-2024 here
Course descriptions can be found using the VHS course database (search it here)
The Basics of Virtual High School
- Available to Diman juniors and seniors with a 3.0 GPA or above
- Courses available in a variety of subject areas (most not currently offered at Diman)
- Students should fit the following requirements:
- Be self-starters that are willing to work on their own
- Have internet access at home
- Two 15-week terms, or one 33-week full year term
- Students need to be registered through Mrs. Dufour after approval from their guidance counselor.
- Half-year courses are worth 1.25 credits, while full-year courses are worth 2.5 credits
- Vastly expands our course offerings, including nearly two dozen AP classes
- Courses earn full honors and AP weight where appropriate
- Allows students to explore outside interests
- VHS courses take a break (or finish) in mid-December, with half-year courses starting again in late January and full-year courses starting in early January
- No make-up/Student Success Plan opportunities
- No real "vacations" in the spring, as students are expected to at least check in every week
- Students need to do their VHS work during shop or co-op time
Interested in participating in a VHS course in the fall and/or spring? Contact Mrs. Dufour (in room A218 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to register.