Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School
|Marta Montleon, Superintendent-Director
Brian S. Bentley, Assistant Superintendent-Director/Principal
|251 Stonehaven Road
Fall River, Massachusetts 02723
|TO:||All Faculty & Staff|
|FROM:||Brian S. Bentley, Assistant Superintendent-Director/Principal|
|SUBJECT:||Building Evacuation/Fire/Fire Drills|
- Teachers are to explain their classroom or shop evacuation route to the students as they relate to the posting in each room or shop.
- Please follow the evacuation route in the event of an alarm.
- Teachers are to secure all windows and doors upon evacuation and are to direct their students away from the building to a designated area. Teachers are to bring their rank book with them and take attendance upon arriving at the designated area. In the event of Teachers will wait for a bell and an all clear from the administration before reentering the building. THE TEACHER MUST FOLLOW AND REMAIN WITH THE CLASS AT THE ASSIGNED HOLDING AREA AND SHOULD HAVE HIS/HER RANK BOOK OR CLASS REGISTER IN HAND
- If, at any time, there is a fire, no matter how small, the fire alarm is to be pulled and the building evacuated. If the fire can be put out by the use of an extinguisher, please do so, however, the fire alarm is still to be pulled and the building evacuated.
- Location of rank book and/or class register and Crisis Manual should be known by all shop teachers.
- TEACHERS IN THE SHOP WHEN ALARM IS SOUNDED MUST COLLECT ALL RANK BOOKS, THE CRISIS MANUAL, AND/OR CLASS REGISTERS AND PROCEED TO ASSIGNED HOLDING AREA WHERE THEY ARE TO REMAIN WITH THEIR SHOP STUDENTS.